Re: tex backend

From: Dr. Johannes Zellner
Subject: Re: tex backend
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 00:14:55 +0100

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 09:40:15PM +0100, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> The TeX backend hasn't been actively supported for a long time
> now, so it's not a surprise that it doesn't work.
>
> Why do you want to use it?

well, I used it with a former version of lilypond to get the same font
for lyrics as in latex. I used a pretty old version of "lilypond -k"
which kept the tex output files where I could then replace the font with
the desired tex font.

See also my other post from today where I ask how I could get a font
like (in latex)

    \newfont{\lyfontFont}{texnansi-anttr scaled 1440}

for the lilypond lyrics.

I guess lilypond-book would perfectly do the job if I could manage to
get this font for the font lyrics.

I tried

    \override Score . LyricText #'font-name = #"texnansi-anttr"

but this didn't work.

I've on my (debian) system

    /usr/share/texmf-tetex/fonts/tfm/public/antt/texnansi-anttr.tfm

which can be used by latex, but apparently not by lilypond.

--
Johannes