Re: Reorganizing the contents of the \paper block

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: Reorganizing the contents of the \paper block
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:19:05 +0000

In message <address@hidden>, =?UTF-8?Q?Trevor_Ba=C4=8Da?= <address@hidden> writes
\layout has another function, although it may be a special case of one

of its other uses. If a \score block contains a \midi block the

\layout block is needed if PDF output is also desired.

Ah right. I remember that coming up a while back.

OK, duly noted. If there's support for the layout + paper -> settings

proposal, then we'll have to find a way to tell lily to produce a PDF

even when there's no \settings block. Sounds like a good candidate for

a commandline switch.

Replace it with an empty \paper block :-)

Just as we have a \mid block to trigger midi output, we could have a \paper block to trigger paper output.

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden