Re: How to start Lilypond

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How to start Lilypond
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:19:34 +0100

As others have already implied, LilyPond is fairly different from most other
programs you have experienced earlier in Windows. For example, it's one
of these programs where you shouldn't expect to be able to do anything useful unless you have read the introductory part of the documentation, so just go to www.lilypond.org, click on Documentation for the version of LilyPond that you just installed and then click on Tutorial and start reading and trying it out.

Happy LilyPonding

  /Mats

Olav Terkelsen wrote:
I downloaded the Lilypond today, but the exe-file eludes me.
How do I start the Lilypond programme?
I use Microsoft xp.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing