Re: producing "archival" scores

From: Tim Reeves
Subject: Re: producing "archival" scores
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 10:51:59 -0700

I love lilypond, and would like to encourage others to use it also, and the answer to Jason's question would help me as well. I hope someone can answer it well.

Night before last, I was playing off a part that someone had generated using Finale Print Music (?), and it wasn't very good (way too much white space on the page, tempo marks on top of chord symbols, etc.), and a copy of another part (from a music publisher!) had such thin staff lines and bar lines that I could hardly read the thing.
"Lilypond rules, others drool", as my seven year old son might say.

Tim Reeves