some related bugs with cross-staff beams and clef changes

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: some related bugs with cross-staff beams and clef changes
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 21:22:01 +0200

Hi all,

this file: http://www.xs4all.nl/~wbsoft/prelude.pdf (my try to typeset music
by Pierné which enters the public domain next year) shows some related bugs
in todays git. Source: http://www.xs4all.nl/~wbsoft/prelude.ly .

There is one voice with music constantly switching staves, with kneed
cross-staff beams and some clef changes.

These are the 'defects' in lilypond's typesetting:

- the small clefs take up unnecessary space when there are notes in that
measure before the clef change. E.g. measure 1 and 2. When the clef change is
the first thing to happen inside a measure the display is ok, e.g. measure 9
and 16 (the first clef, the second one takes too much space).

- measure 19 shows a bigger bug: the notes are drawn over the key signature.
When I lower the music one octave, the problem goes away. So this must be
some side-spacing related bug, occuring with kneed cross-staff beams. I was
not able to reproduce this bug in a smaller file, that's why I post the full
file.

Another bug which is possibly related is:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2007-07/msg00087.html

(should i post this to bug-lilypond?)

thanks,
Wilbert