Re: moving objects

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: moving objects
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:41:54 +0200

As others have pointed out, it's much easier to provide a relevant
answer if you include some .ly code that you tried yourself.

Using the example in the manual (section "Text marks") as a starting point, you can certainly move around the D.S using padding, for example:

\version "2.10.0"
\relative c''{
    \override Score.RehearsalMark
      #'break-visibility = #begin-of-line-invisible
    c1 c c c4 c c c
    \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #right
    \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'padding = #3.0
    \mark "D.S. al Fine "
}

See also Section 5, "Tweaking output" in the manual.

  /Mats

Quoting Frederick Dennis <address@hidden>:

So far, as a total beginnner, I've produced several different pdf's of
single stave notes with title, composer, tempo and multirests. However, my
segno touches the next note. Can I shift it? No. Neither up or sideways. Not
using padding, \once \override, #'extra-offset or musicglyph, mark or markup
or spaces in quotes. My D.S. al Coda remains firmly fixed, nestling
obstinately among the notes and my Coda sign and text will not go where I
want them to. With Sibelius, I just pick the **@(**& up with the mouse and
deposit it but with lilypond this will not do. Surely, something as simple
as positioning the segno would be self-evident? Wouldn't it?
Frederick Dennis.