lp with korean/utf8 lambda dvipdfmx

From: Minsu Kim
Subject: lp with korean/utf8 lambda dvipdfmx
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:11:44 +0000 (UTC)

Hi forum!

I'm a German latex-user and new to lilypond.
My intention is to place a few lines of melody and lyrics of a wellknown Korean
folksong ("Arirang") in a certain korean font into a latex-document, probably
within a minipage (or a table). All should end up in a PDF.

I entered \begin{lilypond} ... \end{lilypond} into the .tex-document then.
After finishing my first 'composition' following the main lp-doc and the
'regression/collated-files'-doc (near the end, for the multilingual section)
and, of course I'd like to see now how it looks like~

Unfortunately, this is impossible because lilypond-book invokes "latex" only
but, I need it to run "lambda", so the mess showed up with the "no files
output"-error only!
((Nevertheless there's been some output: a .aux, .log and an .out-file,
seemingly without any use for now.))

Some more explanation:
My system is linux with utf8. Further, I use hlatex (Korean LaTeX), which I
have to include into the .tex-preamble with the obligatory \usepackage{hangul}.
On a non-UTF8-system, one can use simply pdflatex for creating PDFs directly.
In my case, a latex-document built with hlatex (based on EUC-KR/KS-encoding)
must be compiled into PDF in to steps:

$ lambda korean.tex

$ dvipdfmx korean.dvi

while lambda is some kind of latex-extension for 'switching' to UTF8 (otherwise
latex breaks off with too many errors).

So, now the only thing that had been formated is the lyrics in the particular
font~ For a temporary solution the musical notes could be handled by lilypond-
book and the lyrics by latex seperately. But before I wouldn't see any no
notes, I won't paste any lilypond-code here.

Are there any options then for lilypond to invoke lambda?
How would the example "utf-8.ly" in "collated-files" have been compiled, if
it's used with latex?

Thanks you

Minsu