Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 60, Issue 46

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 60, Issue 46
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:45:08 -0600

Hi James,

I can't help thinking that an error message would have been in order here. As I interpret what happened here, I can say '\set Staff.anyOldThing = "whatever"',
and Lilypond won't complain. Is that right?

I've seen warnings about "backend properties" not existing, but I've never bothered to figure out when they do (and do not) pop up. Maybe it pops up when the setting is in a \layout block, but not in the actual music "stream"??
Hopefully someone else has a better (i.e., the correct) answer.

Best wishes,
Kieren.