Re: barline thickness

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: barline thickness
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 20:06:50 +0100

2007/11/25, till <address@hidden>:
> Francisco Vila-5 wrote:
> >
> > Here I attach two samples scanned from paper. Details below. My
> > question is simply: am I the only person with this problem? Others
> > would be, Is lilypond generating wrong PDFs? Is my printer wrong? Is
> > ubuntu gutsy evince wrongly printing PDFs?
> >

>  I had the same problem today and it is clearly a bug of the pdf rendering
> library of evince. I manage to print with kpdf and acroread nowadays. Look
> also at the staff braces at the beginning of a vocal score: the small
> brackets at the top and bottom are not cleanly aligned to the black vertical
> bar in a print from within evince. When printing with kpdf this problem
> dissappeares. (The bar lines are still a bit thicker than the horizontal
> lines, but it looks as if this is intended.)

Thank you very much. BTW, strange enough, that nobody else noticed
this until today, being Evince the standard PDF viewer in Gnome.

Today, while searching for a solution, I've noticed that the page
preview of Evince already showed the problem, before the actual
printing. So it is clear that it was not a driver- or printer- problem
(provided that print preview is not done using the PPD of the printer
in some strange way, sorry for my naïveness about this)

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org