barline thickness

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: barline thickness
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:56:50 +0100

Here I attach two samples scanned from paper. Details below. My
question is simply: am I the only person with this problem? Others
would be, Is lilypond generating wrong PDFs? Is my printer wrong? Is
ubuntu gutsy evince wrongly printing PDFs?

Details:

laserjet-png.png comes from a PNG generated by LilyPond with the --png
-dresolution=600 commandline options.

laserjet-pdf.png comes from a PDF generated by LilyPond.

Both images are printed on a laserjet P2015dn at the default
resolution (FastRes). This is 600dpi I think. Then I scanned the
printed papers at 300 dpi.

Clearly the PDF has a barline MUCH thicker than the PNG and it's not a
matter of resolution (other vertical lines look fine).

Wider views are available in:
http://www.paconet.org/laserjet-png.png
http://www.paconet.org/laserjet-pdf.png

Thank you. My workaround these days is to generate and print only
PNGs, but windows users also report this problem in other systems and
printers.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org