Re: dynamics used in MIDI output?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: dynamics used in MIDI output?
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 00:59:48 -0800

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 00:28:15 -0800
Ted Walther <address@hidden> wrote:

> I read in the documentation on the website that dynamic markings like
> crescendo and decrescendo, mezzoforte, etc, are not incorporated into
> the MIDI output.

Where?  That is incorrect.  We don't include articulations, but
dynamics are certainly added.

> I can't play any instrument, so I'm trying to use Lilypond to make
> accompaniment music to sing along to.

Although we _do_ support dynamics in MIDI, I can't claim that we
have particularly good MIDI support... I hate to say it, but it
might be better to look at using a different program if your
primary goal is audio playback.

Cheers,
- Graham