Re: Instrumental Group Names in Score

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Instrumental Group Names in Score
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 14:21:58 -0800

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 17:05:29 -0500
Reilly <address@hidden> wrote:

> Here's where I get baffled. (A priori) I don't know that these
> settings exist and when I search on vertical spacing (within a
> system) in the documentation, I am not directed to these settings. I
> certainly do understand why these settings are relevant and why
> setting the desired value solves my problem. It is just not easy to
> find the appropriate settings in the documentation. This kind of
> problem is very typical for me. (Perhaps it is the way I think?)

Sorry, I'm going to (hopefully) end discussion on this.  I'm not
trying to be rude; I'm doing this to save everybody involved some
time.

(and yes, I'm just about to respond to your points in the
"Volunteering with lilypond" thread)

GDP is currently working on NR chapter 1.  Only that.  We won't
get to Spacing stuff for... oh, probably four or five months, at
the current rate of progress.

Yes, this is exactly the kind of thing that GDP is aiming to
resolve.  But no, I don't want to hear about any problems in
anything other than NR 1 right now.  Two reasons:
1)  If we start discussing the whole manual, the mailist
discussion gets even more spread out than it already is.
2)  Frankly, I'm not smart enough to keep everything straight if
we talk about the entire manual.  I can barely manage dealing with
three sections at once.

Cheers,
- Graham