Re: Different tempos

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: Different tempos
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 01:01:33 -0800

On Monday, January 21, 2008, at 04:13AM, "Kieren MacMillan" <address@hidden>
wrote:
>Hi James,
>
>> forbid_line_engraver did the trick
>
>Yeah!! I didn't even know about this one...
>Thanks!
>
>Kostia: I've attached my reformatted version of the shortened version
>of your code, applying James's tip. Notice that I abstracted all of
>the music into variables, declared before the \score block. I also
>moved all of the engraver \remove-ing code to the \layout block -- if
>you need those engravers in *other* Staff or Voice contexts (which
>aren't currently in the, then you'll need to add them back in, or
>move the \remove code *back* to where you originally had them (i.e.,
>inside the \score block, where the Staff or Voice is actually
>instantiated).
>
>Hope this helps!
>Kieren.

You know, I thought about abstracting the music as well, it's really difficult
to read when it isn't, but I didn't want to change too much so the OP could
understand what was going on. For what it's worth, the more I actually *read*
the lilypond manuals, the more I believe that everything is possible in the
program.