Re: file structure (hierarchy)

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: file structure (hierarchy)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:02:37 +0100

Yes, you are right, though I only wanted to provide a fragment from the grammar, just to show the point. I also didn't notice I can't have a paper block, because I was concerned only about grammar rules and not the actions.

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool) wrote:

See the attached image for a simplified structure definition of a score block.
Nice! I don't agree with all details, though.

Well, \set is a music expression, namely a music property definition. What is good to remember is that there is 3 kinds of output definition: \paper, \layout and \midi
If you read carefully in lily/parser.yy, you'll notice that a \paper block cannot be included within a \score block. On the other hand, you forgot to mention
that a \header block can be included in a \score block.

My other main objection to your nice graph, is that a composite_music
is either a simultaneous_music << ... >> or a sequential_music {...}.

Also, your graph does not mention the prefix_composite_music, i.e.
that you can have such things as \repeat volta 2 {...} or \relative c'' << ... >> or ... This is natural, since the intention is to just provide a simplified overview, still there have been some questions over the years, related to exactly this issue.

   /Mats

--
LilyPondTool is the editor for LilyPond files.
See http://lilypondtool.organum.hu