Re: Staff spacing and collisions

From: Oscar van Eijk
Subject: Re: Staff spacing and collisions
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 07:11:11 +0100

Thanks again Mats.

I've chosen for a different fix based on something I saw in the LSR. In
your buglist code it would be:

\version "2.11.41"
<<
\new Staff = up { s1*2 }
\new Staff = down \relative c,{\clef bass  \stemDown
  % Commenting out the next line gives a much nicer slur shape
  % almost no matter what values I specify for the positions.
  % \once \override Slur #'positions = #'(5 . 5)
  \once\override Slur  #'extra-offset = #'(0 . 7)
  \once\override Slur  #'control-points = #'((0 . -6) (10 . -2) (82 .
-4 ) (94 . 1))
  f4. ( a8 d f \change Staff = "up" \stemUp \times 2/3 {a[ d f} |
  a16] d,[ f a \times 4/5 {d16] f[ a d32. f64 ~ f16] ~} f4 ) r |
\noBreak
  d4 a f d ||
  }

\layout{ ragged-right = ##t }

Might be a matter of taste, but I think this looks more elegant.

Oscar