Re: Accordion notation: registers, stradella / ask for existing symbol m

From: Ledocq-Boccart
Subject: Re: Accordion notation: registers, stradella / ask for existing symbol modification
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:08:25 +0200

Hi George,

I have searched for literature about accordion register symbols and I got the following link

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:cpv7SYD8hngJ:www.accordions.com/index/art/stradella.shtml+accordion+register+symbol&hl=fr&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=be&client=firefox-a

where symbols presents 3 lines inside a circle.
(with \musicglyph #"accordion.accDiscant"
we get two lines; and you should instead desire one line)

The existing
\musicglyph #"accordion.accDiscant"
symbol is sufficient for an accordion featured with max 3 voices on each keyboard (lets us say treeble, medium and bass)

The attached document presents 5 possible separate voices combined in so many registers (I believe more than 25 possibilities).
If using only two voices, only two dots are to be marked in the symbol.

_The 3 lines symbol could appears then to be more standard than the 2 lines one_.

I presume a new glyph asks to be developped and implemented in Lilypond to implement the 3 lines symbols; and so requesting programming ressources and time to the developpers.

Could someboby among the developpers have the possibility to modify the existing symbol?

Thanks in advance for consider this demand!

Best regards

Charlie

ps:
I wonder how the existing symbol
\musicglyph #"accordion.accDiscant"
could be featured with one more line?
As I am interested to understand a bit more about Lilypond "deep" programming I am ready to invest of my time to develop that 3 lines symbol. Could somebody among the developpers tell me where I could find the source of that symbol?
Or tell me if I can forget that idea?
also: my native langage is french

#####################################

George_ a écrit :

Ledocq-Boccart wrote:
with the following snippet you should got the missing circle around the dots:

%start snippet

accFB = _\markup \combine \musicglyph #"accordion.accDiscant" \combine \raise #0.5 \musicglyph #"accordion.accDot" \raise #1.5 \musicglyph #"accordion.accDot"
%end snippet

with   _\markup the symbol lays below the score
with   ^\markup the symbol lays above the score (used for the righthand
keyboard score)
I've tried it and it works;
NB: I did not find any "accordion.accBascant" in the documentaion; does it
matter?... even if the used code is "accDiscant" for use on the lefthand
keyboard score?

Much fun with your accordion!

Charlie

Hmm. Because on my music, I get two kinds of bass register symbol: They are
both circles, but one has three lines inside, and one only has one, instead
of the usual two. So I was hoping with something different (i.e. the
acc.Bascant) I could get something different. So is there some way I can
change the symbol or something similar?

Thanks for all this help