Re: braces in the lyrics

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: braces in the lyrics
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:25:34 +0200

Op dinsdag 8 april 2008, schreef Timothy C Litwiller:
> How would I go about laying this out. I have the notes and a lyrics line
> defined for each line of lyrics liuke they are six verses  but every
> other line doesn't have a set stanza with a number in it.

Try putting the brace in the stanza number, and move the (big) brace down
somewhat using some markup commands (fontsize, raise, or translate, etc.)
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Overview-of-text-markup-commands

> and second question how do I make the midi it creates play the verse
> twice and then the chorus when it is laid out this way.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Repeats-and-MIDI

best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--