White Baroque notation (was: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 65, Issue 34)

From: Kurt Kroon
Subject: White Baroque notation (was: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 65, Issue 34)
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 21:47:35 -0700

On 2008/04/09 3:45 PM, "Karl Hammar" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Trevor Daniels schrieb:
>>>     .3 Baroque rhythmic notation (new)
>> Karl:
>>
>> We don't have lilypond examples of this. I have seen this in a Novello
>> score for Purcells Dido. So I suggest we drop this for the moment.
>> (Though an ossia section might show what the editor want.)
>>
>> We actually do have some in the list somewhere, I remember (was it
>> Nicolas) somthing about using empty note heads for quarter notes or
>> something like that -- that's what I am referring to.
>
> Nice, can you find it?

Are you referring to the notation example in the attached email?

Kurtis

--- Begin Message --- Subject: White notation in french baroque Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:35:52 +0100
Hi,

how can I realize white notation with lilypond?

In the french baroque some composers used white noteheads in slow pieces,
mainly in 3/2-time.
A quater looks there like a eighth with a white notehead. Look at the picture.

I hope, someone could help me

Regards

Franz-Rudolf Kuhnen
http://www.kuhnen-koblenz.de