Re: In octaves

From: Jay Anderson
Subject: Re: In octaves
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 05:36:58 +0000 (UTC)

> bassnotes = { c16 d e f g c bes a g es fis a g es r8 }
>
> \new Voice <<
>   \clef bass
>   \relative c,, \bassnotes
>   \relative c, \bassnotes

This doesn't quite work for everywhere I want to use it.

I want to be able to keep the music inline with the other non-octave music
section. So I want syntax like {c d e f \octaves {c d e f} c d e f}.

When I was trying the << >> approach dynamic marks were duplicated and
simultaneous notes weren't combined into chords. It's close, but not quite what
I want.

Thanks!

-----Jay