Re: *.mid vs *.midi

From: immanuel litzroth
Subject: Re: *.mid vs *.midi
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 02:27:06 -0700

> C++ has the same preprocessor as C, and the same
> grammar sentence symbol,
> and a language subset. GCC has options for invoking the
> preprocessor and language proper separate

You can check the whole formal grammar of C++ processing on page 307 of the
standard. The "language proper" is a term I could not find in that document.
Can you give me the page of that document that describes this "language
proper"?
A source file in C++ has according to the definition in the standard no
preprocessor run on it. They are then converted to "translation units" through
a number of steps which also includes preprocessing. This preprocessing is
completely and formally defined in the language

> Yes, Haskell has a import and module system which is more
> sophisticated than C/C++ include and namespace.

Here's what Simon Peyton Jones, John Hughes, Phillip Wadler and Paul Hudak have
to say about the Haskell Module Sytem:
"The module system is a namespace control mechanism, nothing more and nothing
less"
"The result is a module system distinguished by its modesty. It does about as
little as is possible for a language to do and still call itself a practical
programming tool"
I think your time is better spent explaining to them what a sophisticated tool
they have created.

> I recommend the Usenet newsgroups comp.std.* for C and
> C++, and the  Haskell-Cafe mailing lists.

Yes, I obviously need all the help I can get.
Immanuel

Get a free email account with anti spam protection.
http://www.bluebottle.com/tag/2