how to get a sheet with chord names only?

From: Peter
Subject: how to get a sheet with chord names only?
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 21:43:37 +0200

I'm trying to produce a simple sheet with chord names in bars, without any notes or staff lines.

Something like this:

PNG image

Then I found this snippet: http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/input/test/out-www/lily-1441517942.ly and that was exactly what I needed! (the above image is from exactly that file)

Unfortunately, the snippet was for Lilypond 1.9.8 (although it was found under the 2.0 tree), and my installed version ( 2.11.45) did not like it... in particular, it didn't like \translator and \ChordNamesContext.

And convert-ly stated that the file was too old (oldest supported is 2.7.38).

So now I'm a bit stuck...

Is there any kind soul that can point me in the right direction? I've been googling, searching the LSR, but I didn't find a clue. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places or I'm simply glaring over the obvious, but I simply can't find it. Maybe I'm just plain stupid, that's another possibility, but I'm not willing to accept that yet :-)

Thanks,
Peter.