Re: StaffGroup bar line problem in polymetric notation

From: Libero Mureddu
Subject: Re: StaffGroup bar line problem in polymetric notation
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 15:35:13 +0200

> Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 22:18:27 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: StaffGroup bar line problem in polymetric notation
> To: address@hidden
>

> If you remove the StaffBar engraver, then you can never get Staff Bars
> engraved.
>
> So instead, you want to \override the StaffBar #'stencil to ##f:
>
> \override StaffGroup.StaffBar #'stencil = ##f.
>
> This prevents printing of staff bars.
>
> When you want to print staff bars, just revert the override:
>
> \revert StaffGroup.StaffBar #'stencil

Thanks a lot for your help, this is exactly what I was looking for.

> I've tested your code, and it works, except for the fact that the last
> staff is not at the same time as the rest.

Sorry, but I don't understand your answer here, because in my example
there was no rest at all.
However, the solution you posted had a small mistake (a missing \new
Staff), so I send here the corrected version for the mail archive.

Thanks for your help!
Ciao
Libero

%% Start of code: Polymetric notation with Group bars on and off.

\version "2.11.48"

\layout {
       \context {
         \Score
         \remove "Timing_translator"
         \remove "Default_bar_line_engraver"
       }
       \context {
               \StaffGroup
               % \remove "Span_bar_engraver"
       }
               \context {
         \Staff
         \consists "Timing_translator"
         \consists "Default_bar_line_engraver"

     % Now each staff has its own time signature.

     \relative c' <<
     \new StaffGroup <<
      \override StaffGroup.SpanBar #'stencil = ##f
     \new Staff
      { \time 3/4
         d c c |
         c c c |
         d c c |
         c c c |
         c8
       }
       \new Staff {
         \time 2/4
         c4 c |
         c c |
         c c |
         \revert  StaffGroup.SpanBar #'stencil
         c4 c |
         \override StaffGroup.SpanBar #'stencil = ##f
         c c |
         c c |
          \revert  StaffGroup.SpanBar #'stencil
         c8
         %\override StaffGroup.SpanBar #'stencil = ##f
       }
       \new Staff {
         \time 3/8
         c4. |