Re: GDP: first public draft, NR 1.4 Repeats

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: GDP: first public draft, NR 1.4 Repeats
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:00:06 +0200

2008/7/28 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> I'm happy to announce the first public draft of NR 1.4 Repeats!
> Ralph Palmer has done a lot of work preparing this section; please
> read it carefully and let us know about any mistakes or omissions.

Looks very good.

- I see a double backslash in the PDF (not in HTML) inside the warning
at the beginning of Manual Repeats, texinfo code is @code{\\repeat},
what can be done, if any?

- As for standard policy of Scheme code writing, I don't know if, but
here are two mixed styles, #'((volta #f) etc, (w/o spaces) and #'( (
volta #f ) (with spaces). I prefer not to write spaces rounding
parentheses in Scheme code.

- "musicexpr" is long but it needs an explanation: "where musicexpr is
a music expression." If you change this to e.g. "music_expression" or
something, this is not much longer but it doesn't need any further
explanation. Anyway, music expressions are already documented
elsewhere and the examples fully clarify that syntax.

- This is very personal: the syntax of \alternate is clear from the
examples, but I always have to explain why one has to write the extra
pair of braces. I suppose that the number of alternatives is unknown,
that's why they are required. Forgive me if you think this is not the
best place to explain it, or if this has not to be detailed in the
docs at all.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org