Re: autobeams

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: autobeams
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 00:34:44 +0200

Am 14.08.2008 um 23:28 schrieb Kieren MacMillan:

Hi Daniel,

Under what circumstances would you want the upper part
to be a different voice from the one-voice part?

One case is when you want lyrics or dynamics (etc.) to be attached to the lower part.

Hope this helps,
Kieren.

Or if you want different lyrics to be attached to the upper part.

In fact, it took me a long time to understand explicitly instantiating voices. The documentation explains it, I just didn't understand it until I played around with it. I've attached a small sample that shows some examples of explicitly instatiating Voices. (it's basically when you actually tell lilypond to create a \new Voice) and what you can do with that.