Re: Template: String Quartet (score-only), first draft

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Template: String Quartet (score-only), first draft
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 08:32:05 -0400

Hi all,

it just makes for easier input to define the clef with the staff.

For me, the reason to put the clef in the music variable (as opposed to the Staff context) is that the clef may change within the passage — for example, some of my cello music changes clefs a dozen times or more within the same piece. Further to James's "open/closed score" comment, there are examples when transposing instruments (e.g., bass clarinet) need to be in one clef (e.g., treble) in the part but another clef (e.g., bass) in the c-score.

This is where \tag comes to the rescue.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.