Reading the maillists, mutopia and the docs

From: Frederick Dennis
Subject: Reading the maillists, mutopia and the docs
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 14:38:57 +0100

Dear All,
Graham keeps saying

Lots of users don't read the mailists

As a new user, I ransack the docs, the maillists and mutopia
for answers to questions before asking for help, anywhere Google takes me. Often, the answer is in the docs
but not in any obvious place. I check out the listserv and archive any snippets that seem potentially useful.
The problem with mutopia seems to be that the code is usually out of date and rarely seems to contain
the solution I am seeking. The maillists often throw up an example where someone has the same problem
as me, maybe several years ago.