Re: ver. 2.11.56 problems

From: Patrick Horgan
Subject: Re: ver. 2.11.56 problems
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:40:30 -0700

Tom Cloyd wrote:
The only thing here that's looks like it might be the shortcut script is "lilypond". My user acct. owns it, and it's marked executable, but...

try changing directory (cd ~/tomc/bin) to the tomc/bin directory, and typing ./lilypond --version and pressing enter.  If lilypond runs and tells you your version, then lilypond is ok and you just have a path problem.  To fix that from the command line, you'd type export PATH=$PATH:~/tomc/bin and press enter.  You'd have to do that everytime you log in.  To fix it permanently, you would have to fix your ~/.bashrc.  This file, which you would have to create if it didn't exist, runs everytime you open a command line.  In an editor you would look in .bashrc and see if there was a statement setting PATH.  If there is you'd add to the end :~/bin.  If there's not, you'd add a line to your .bashrc that said PATH=~/bin.  If you need more help, please email me.

Patrick