Re: Vertical spacing on big systems

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Vertical spacing on big systems
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 10:20:47 -0700

Hi Michael,

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 03:13:47PM +0200, Michael Käppler wrote:

> I removed the additional "security space" completely for testing, but
> nothing happens.
> What am I missing?
> layout-page-layout.scm is attached.

I tried the same thing as you with the same results.  After
considering this for a while, I think the issue might be with the
calculation of the `pure-Y-extent' property for a system of music.

With annotate-spacing set to true, the `extent-estimate' interval is
longer than the actual `Y-extent' of the system (in the original
example).  After grepping the source, `extent-estimate' leads to
scm/paper-system.scm and `pure-Y-extent' leads to lily/system.cc.
>From there I can't figure it out.

Cheers,
Patrick