Re: Removing bundled LilyPond

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: Re: Removing bundled LilyPond
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 16:02:56 +0200

David Stocker wrote:
> I think the Ubuntu Studio team left out the uninstall script, probably
> for some good reason or another.

Yes, because if something was installed by the package manager, it has
to be uninstalled via the same means -- otherwise your package manager's
dependency resolution system could break horribly. :-)

> I think I'll try Graham's solution. Thanks for the speedy response.

I have been considering in the back of my mind whether it might be nice
to set up Launchpad PPA's to offer Ubuntu/Debian packages of the latest
stable and development Lilypond.  Since I've also never been involved in
packaging before, I'm loath to commit to such a thing -- but what does
everyone think of the idea in principle?