Re: Compound time sig with parentheses (Was: How to prevent\center-colum

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Compound time sig with parentheses (Was: How to prevent\center-column)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:59:48 -0000

Risto, Graham

These functions will work fine for any time signature
and beam duration for which there are no beam-ending
rules defined in scm/auto-beam.scm.  But if beam-ending
rules exist they take priority over beatGrouping.  This
is why you find 12/8 grouping is messed up, Risto.
(Although a change I pushed recently will partially fix
this in the next release.)

You'll also find beams for 1/32nd notes are messed up
in most common time signatures, and for 1/16th notes
in some of them too.  For some common time signatures,
like 4/4, this method will not currently work at all
(try #'(4 4) #'(1 3) for example.)

You can avoid this interference by reverting the appropriate
beam-ending rules, but this would be messy to do at the
moment.  Changes to the beam-ending rules are currently
being contemplated which would make reverting a lot
easier, so it might be best to wait a while before doing
this.  In the meantime, these work fine for all uncommon
time signatures, like 5/4, 7/8, etc as there are currently
no beam-ending rules defined for these.

Trevor

----- Original Message ----- From: "Risto Vääräniemi" <address@hidden>