Re: [SOLVED] Re: LilyPond is excessively slow on Windows Vista

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: [SOLVED] Re: LilyPond is excessively slow on Windows Vista
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 22:59:11 +0100

2008/11/15 Jonathan Kulp <address@hidden>:

> This did it, Neil!  I unchecked the daylight savings box and reinstalled
> Lilypond after wiping out the old cache (not sure if these steps were
> necessary but I wanted to start out fresh), and after the first run, the
> cache was NOT rebuilt again.  The difference in speed between Vista and
> Ubuntu compiling a lilypond file is now negligible, measured in fractions of
> a second instead of minutes. Perhaps this tip should be posted somewhere
> official, as a warning on the download page for installing on Vista or maybe
> on Valentin's FAQ page?

Does Valentin have another one? :-)
Updated in http://lilypondwiki.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=FAQ but
still waiting to confirm this. This page should not convert itself
into the poor's bugtracker, so if this gets more clear please let me
know.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org