Re: musicxml2ly

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: musicxml2ly
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 23:46:09 +0100

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 06:29:06AM -0800, Graham Percival wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 02:45:20PM +0100, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> > - -) Third, Recordare claims copyright on the typesetting of those
> > MusicXML files, so we can't simply copy them into our build tree for
> > testing purposes

> What a jerk!  No, of course we can't allow that.  How does he
> expect his format to gain acceptance if he doesn't supply test
> files under a permissive license?!

If we would have a good Lilypond->MusicXML conversion tool (or an
additional file export option inside Lilypond) we could convert the
complete Mutopia collection to MusicXML. That would sure make a nice
MusicXML test suite, and under a free licence ! And then, this time
musicxml2ly would beat Finale :-)

--

Martin Tarenskeen