Re: New LilyPondTool version available for testing

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: New LilyPondTool version available for testing
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:16:20 +0100

I have installed it and here are my comments. I am under Ubuntu Linux
8.10 Intrepid

I previously had installed the plugin from the list in plugin manager,
is the plugin manager aware of the new plugin installed by other
means? Or, what has to happen for the updated plugin to appear in the
list so I could easily give instructions to new users?

My procedure of installation has been to copy and overwrite all the
new jar files in ~/.jedit/jars , this is the user jedit configuration
directory. I have not touched the files in ~/.jedit/jars-cache. Any
Linux user could confirm?

Most popup windows do not have a suitable default width.

The menu has 8 entries, first 4 are localized, how could be 5-8 as well?

The lilytool bar refuses to show itself once you have hidden it.

Setup wizard does not yet appear properly localized.

Reverse point-and-click works for me, but the sync is sometimes lost
if you resize the PDF window or change scaling.

Plain point-and-click takes care of notes and lyrics, what about chord names?

Articulations are applied to the wrong note unless the cursor is just
next to the note name.

The lily help shows links to other languages at the bottom, but they don't work.

Images are not shown in this help.

The lilytool help menu entry gives an error:
LilyPondTool.jar|doc/users-guide.html not found
and it opens jEdit help.

Thank you
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)