Re: Arpeggio next to a chord

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: Arpeggio next to a chord
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 00:13:59 +0100

Am 12.01.2009 um 00:05 schrieb Miklos Vajna:

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 06:08:40PM +0100, "James E. Bailey" <address@hidden> wrote:
Here is a picture about the original chord, just in case the
description would be hard to parse:

http://frugalware.org/~vmiklos/pics/photo/P1000146.JPG

Ah, well then, yes, you'd want to center column scripts.arpeggio and
scripts.arpeggio.arrow.M1 in your markup.

\version "2.12.1"
\markup  \override #'(baseline-skip . -2 ) {
    \center-column {
     \center-column {
       \musicglyph #"scripts.arpeggio"
       \musicglyph #"scripts.arpeggio"
       \musicglyph #"scripts.arpeggio"
     }
     \musicglyph #"scripts.arpeggio.arrow.M1"

First, sorry for the double post (I posted, then read that users must
subscribe, so I resent the message).

Second, this does exactly what I want, but how do I use this next to a
chord?
\chords {\germanChords e2:m b:m e1:m^\arpeggioGuitar e2:m e:m b:m b:m e:m e:m}

I'm glad to see you moved to using lilypond's chord input. In order for this to work, you'll have to create a custom chord, as far as I know. Unfortunately, I'm not really good with chordmode, perhaps someone else can help.