Re: LilyPond 2.12 and emacs on Ubuntu

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.12 and emacs on Ubuntu
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 12:13:48 -0500

In the file /init.el/ paste in the following lines:

(setq load-path (append (list (expand-file-name "~/emacs/site-lisp")) load-path))

(autoload 'LilyPond-mode "lilypond-mode" "LilyPond Editing Mode" t)
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.ly$" . LilyPond-mode))
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.ily$" . LilyPond-mode))
(add-hook 'LilyPond-mode-hook (lambda () (turn-on-font-lock)))

And in the first line where it says /expand-file-name "~/emacs/site-lisp"/ paste in the full path to your /emacs/site-lisp folder in your LilyPond installation. It will be /home//user//lilypond/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp if you installed LilyPond in your home folder. Don't forget to change /user/ in the path.

Save the file and try opening a .ly file with emacs. If it works, the code will turn pretty colors and there will be a 'lilypond' menu at the top amongst the others.

Ralph Palmer wrote:
Dave -

Okay, in home/rpalmer/, I've got a .emacs.d. The only thing that contains is auto-save-list (a directory), which is empty. I'll create the init.el file in ~/.emacs.d.

Ralph