Re: Line break and page fit do not work

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Re: Line break and page fit do not work
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 08:55:39 +1100

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 02:39:11PM -0700, grisu_76 wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I've got the following problem:
>
> I write a String Quartet; Line Break and page fit etc. work without any
> problems for the violin2, the viola and the cello (log reports to fit it on
> 10 to 11 pages); if I now add the violin1 it works, but only until a
> particular measure; from there, the line break is not executed propery, i.e.
> the line continues after the paper margin and ends in nowhere (log now
> reports to fit on 7 to 8 pages..?);
>
> Does anyone know about this problem?

Have you checked that all your measure lengths are correct? If a
measure isn't correct you might not have notes finishing at the end of
measures, and lilypond will have trouble finding places to break
lines. Here's an example in case that isn't clear

\time 4/4 a4 a a % <--- This bar is missing a beat \repeat volta 20
{a2 a}           % <--- None of these notes will begin at the start of
                 %      a measure, because they're all offset by a
                 %      beat.

--

Cameron Horsburgh

Blog: http://spiritcry.wordpress.com/