Persian fonts

From: patrick duka
Subject: Persian fonts
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 06:09:12 +0100

Hi, I'm new to Lilypond and Opensource.

Kees Van den doel worked on creating the persian.ly file recently, and he explained how to install the Init file for persian music fonts: "To use download the PostScript Type 1 Microtonal Font from Andrián Pertout (http://www.pertout.com/PhD2007Introduction.htm) and copy the.pfb file into the directory LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/fonts/type1."

I downloaded Pertout's Postscript a .pfb file that doesn't seem to work on my computer (Imac-intel).

Now my question is: Can the program Ufond (http://fondu.sourceforge.net) "convert" a .pfb file into a mac-compatible one, in order to be able that file mentionned by Kees Van Den Doel?

If yes, then where should i put the converted file? Kees says "copy the.pfb file into the directory LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/fonts/type1." But this directory seems to be a windows or linux directory, I can't find such a thing on mac.

Well I hope my request makes sense, and that somebody will answer, in the meantime, a long searching night awaits for me... Thanks everyone.

--
Patrick