Re: Various ornaments, please help me

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Re: Various ornaments, please help me
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:14:10 +0200

hi,

On 30 Mar 2009, at 22:55, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
BTW, how to write "bebbung" (trembling) using Lilypond?

The word is called `Bebung' (note the single `b').  I've never seen a
notated Bebung, so I can't comment how to represent it with Lilypond.

not sure if this helps, but here's a description of how it sounds, is executed and notated, found by google-fu:

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Bebung

a topic on a finale user's list also has some references to standard musicological works and confirms that it is notated with a series of dots over the note:

http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/address@hidden/7720576.html

hth,
sb
--