Re: Review of Valentin's Opera

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Review of Valentin's Opera
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 19:25:02 +0200

Le 1 avr. 09 à 13:41, Valentin Villenave a écrit :

No matter the value of this project itself (or possibly lack thereof,
time will tell), what makes me proud is that I've been able to pursue
the path opened by people like Nicolas Sceaux, Kieren, Trevor B., Jose
Padovani and several others, and to demonstrate that LilyPond is
definitely ready for prime-time: composers, publishers everywhere CAN
use, SHOULD use, WILL use LilyPond.

Sure it is!
The première of Haendel's Giulio Cesare in Romania was perfomed using
a LilyPond score, as will be the première of Lully's Armide in Houston,
or instrumental pieces from Rameau's Hippolyte et Aricie next month in
New York, and the full opera next year in England. LilyPond scores are
used for real, serious stuff.

Nicolas