Re: LilyPond, Finale and Sibelius (was Review of Valentin's Opera)

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: LilyPond, Finale and Sibelius (was Review of Valentin's Opera)
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 15:19:52 -0400

Hi Han-Wen,

you can have the best of both worlds if you enter using finale and
then musicxml2ly to go to .ly and do the typesetting.

Now that I think about it, I was originally just talking about "slamming in the pitches/durations"... Once I factor in the slurs, articulations, dynamics, text, etc., I think I now fully agree with Valentin: "note entry" (including *all* score markings) is actually faster overall in Lilypond than in Fin-Sib.

=)
Kieren.