Re: my articles and astroturfng LWN

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: my articles and astroturfng LWN
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 23:27:55 +0800

I really don't see anything in the comments that we need to be
worried about.  I mean, do you think that Microsoft programmers
freak out when they read (-1, troll) comments on slashdot?  If
there were intelligent, well-argued comments on LWN dissing
lilypond, I might care, but I haven't seen any yet.

As for LilyPond vs. Sibelius: if we do it, we should do it
objectively.  One thing we might do in the new website is to have
examples of notation from the latest software (lilypond stable,
finale 20XY, sibelius 20AB, etc) and point out flaws in the
default output.  We could then point out the ease (or not!) of
fixing said problems.

However, this section would need to be planned quite carefully.
First, we need to be fair in the assessments.  Second, it needs to
be easy to update as new software becomes available.  Third, we
need volunteers with access to the latest software.

Andrew Hawryluk: yes, I know.  :)

Cheers,
- Graham