Re: How to achieve chord stop with ¬

From: Stjepan Brbot
Subject: Re: How to achieve chord stop with ¬
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 13:07:10 -0700 (PDT)

Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

> Stjepan,
>
> First, you should know that this has been fixed in the git sources and
> will
> be available in the next development release.
>
> You can read the documentation about it here:
> <http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/user/lilypond/Displaying-chord
> s.html#Displaying-chords>
>
> For clarity, you should be talking about a ChordNames context, rather than
> chords line.  Chords can be displayed in many contexts, including at least
> TabStaff, Staff, FretBoards, and ChordNames. I mention this not to
> complain,
> but to try to help you learn a little bit more about LilyPond.  I remember
> when I started with LilyPond, all of the LilyPond specific terms like
> "context" were very confusing to me.  Now they make sense.
>
> Anyway, if you can wait for the next development release (which should
> probably be available in less than two weeks), you will have this
> functionality.

Thanks Carl, I really appreciate your help and hints. I'm not in a hurry.
I'll wait for the next development release. I just want to emphasize that ¬
should always go with \set chordChanges = ##t There's no sense to have
multiple ¬ chars in a row.

Understanding of contexts are still a little bit strange for me. Also I'm
not totally sure how the proper lilypond score code structure should look
like.

Also I must admit that I'd never seen a triangle as a representation for
maj7 chord until I started to tackle with lilypond and it's strange for me
that this triangle sign is in default chords naming system.

BTW, is it possible to have the following chord naming system :-)

\croatianChords    E/D        Cm        H/H        H#/H#        B/B