RE: \partial at start, but want whole bar at end

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: RE: \partial at start, but want whole bar at end
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 17:01:58 +0000

Hi James (et al),

> I'm not sure if this is the same solution, but since I don't understand the
> make-moment stuff

My solution (which I accidentally forgot to cc to the list) is equivalent to
putting \partial 4*3 in the first alternative, i.e.,

  \alternative {
    { \set Timing.measurePosition = #(ly:make-moment -3 4) c2. }
    { c1 \bar "|." }
  }

is the same as

  \alternative {

    { \partial 4*3 c2. }

    { c1 \bar "|." }

  }

There is an example (#4) in the 2.13 docs on repeats which demonstrates this
exact situation.

> I do it the difficult way (basically, changing the time signature to 3/4 for
> the one measure)

My goodness, that *is* the difficult way!  ;)
I suggest using \partial.

Best regards,

Kieren.