Re: Gregorian "half bar line" in normal mode

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Gregorian "half bar line" in normal mode
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 21:15:21 -0500

Tom Dickson wrote:
I'd like to get a half bar similar to the one you get in Gregorian mode but without switching to Gregorian mode. I assume that this can be done, but I'm not sure how.

Specifically, I'd like to be able to use \divisioMaior in normal mode - could I simply find the definition of it in gregorian.ly and copy it over?

-tom

Yes, you can copy it from gregorian.ly.  I tried using
 \include "gregorian.ly"

but it messed up the line spacing. Hopefully you've already tried and succeeded, but if not then this code gets what you want, I think:

\version "2.12.2"

divisioMaior = {
\once \override BreathingSign #'stencil = #ly:breathing-sign::divisio-maior
  \once \override BreathingSign  #'Y-offset = #0
  \once \override BreathingSign  #'extra-X-extent = #'(-1.0 . 0)
  \breathe
}

\relative c' {
  \override Staff.BarLine #'transparent = ##t
  c2 d \divisioMaior
  e f \divisioMaior
  g4 a b2 \divisioMaior
  c1
}

%%%%%%%%%

If I were going to use it this way, I'd rename the function to something shorter. :)

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com