Re: new website: draft 3

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: new website: draft 3
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 17:29:09 -0700

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 05:09:06PM -0700, Patrick Horgan wrote:
> On this page
> http://percival-music.ca/blogfiles/out/lilypond-general_6.html#Crash-course
> it mentions that help is wanted because an example is too wide for
> narrow media.  What's the criteria?  It fits in 800x600 just fine and
> these day web-developers say that 1024x768 is the new 800x600.

That was Patrick's comment, not mine, but IMO the entire thing
should work at 640.  Even if we can assume that everybody has a
screen that's 1024 or higher -- which we can't, since *my* screen
is 800x480 -- then we shouldn't assume that users want to use the
full screen.

> Much of the site certainly doesn't work for hand held devices.

Hmm, that's a problem.  Are there any particularly bad pages, or
just overall bad?  Any suggestions to fix it?

Cheers,
- Graham