Re: guitar guide-mark

From: Peter Buhr
Subject: Re: guitar guide-mark
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 22:18:33 -0400

   You can rotate objects and markups. I've done a little experiment here that
   doesn't look very good yet but may put you on the right track. Search the
   Notation Reference manual for rotation, formatting text, positioning
   objects, and the like.

   \version "2.13.4"

   \relative c'' {
     c-1 d^\markup { \center-align { \rotate #30 "-" \finger "1" }}
   }

The problem with this approach is that it just seems to build a glyph and place
it above the note without any knowledge of what the glyph represents. So when I
put this markup into my score it does not follow any of the rules I have set
for fingering.

        \override Staff.Fingering #'font-name = #"times"
        \override Staff.Fingering #'font-size = #-4
        \override Fingering #'staff-padding = #'()

Essentially, I want the fingering code to manage the glyph not me. But I have
no way to give the fingering code a general glyph, just digits. You might think
that "\finger" would identify the glyph but it doesn't seem to. Does this make
sense?