Re: guitar guide-mark

From: Peter Buhr
Subject: Re: guitar guide-mark
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 22:37:39 -0400

   In 30 years of playing guitar (jazz and rock), I have never seen this
   notation.  Is there an example on the Web you can point to?  I'd be
   interested in seeing how it's used.

Ummm, I'll look on the web to see if I can fine something. However, what I'm
reading from is the Guitar Repertoire and Studies/Etudies books from the RCM
<http://www.rcmusic.ca>. The left-hand shifting notation is used throughout all
of the study books from grade 1 to grade 10. Any guitar player in Canada that
goes through the RCM has been brought up with this notation. I just assumed it
was universal.  The study books are not online so I can't show you my primary
examples. If you want, I can scan a page and email it directly to you.