Re: Big Measures in Large Ensemble

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Big Measures in Large Ensemble
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 18:45:15 +0100

2009/8/7 Joe Neeman <address@hidden>:
> On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 23:03 +0100, Neil Puttock wrote:
>> 2009/8/6 Joe Neeman <address@hidden>:

> You probably made the same mistake that I made initially: if you prune a
> breakable column then you've pruned it's broken pieces (ie. the
> line-ending and line-beginning pieces, which shouldn't be pruned) in
> addition to it's mid-line piece.

Oh, I'm sure I made many mistakes.  ;)

> How about just checking for an empty extent, like in the attached patch?

That's probably the best option, since it should allow users to take
advantage of setting X-extent for other barline styles.

                  extract_grob_set (h, "elements", helts);
                  for (vsize k = helts.size (); k--;)
-                   if ("" != robust_scm2string (helts[k]->get_property
("glyph-name"), ""))
+                   // Only non-empty bar lines count.
+                   if (h->extent (h, X_AXIS).length () > 0)
                      return false;

If you're checking the extent of the BreakAlignGroup itself instead of
its cause (the BarLine), can't you get rid of the grob set `helts'
here?

Regards,
Neil