Re: Big Measures in Large Ensemble

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Big Measures in Large Ensemble
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 11:16:51 -0700 (PDT)

Joe Neeman wrote:
> The semantically valid solution (IMO) is ignore the \bar "" in
> the spacing problem and insert only one spring (between the
> notes). Fortunately, we have a mechanism for that already
> (called loose columns). It's just a matter of tweaking the
> inclusion test for this mechanism to include \bar "" as a loose
> column.

Whoa. Not that I'm surprised, but you clearly understand this alot
better than I do. When you say "it's just a matter of tweaking the
inclusion test", is that something you'd be interested in doing? I
wouldn't know where to start; and it sounds like this might be
relatively easy for you? I hate asking people to do things, and
you've already put in such a huge amount of work. But if it's a
simple change, that's one bug I'd be happy to see fixed!

- Mark