Re: staves with example notes, ancient and modern

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: staves with example notes, ancient and modern
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 21:50:12 +0200

On 11.08.2009, at 20:49, address@hidden wrote:

Hi,

I would like to reproduce the first two staves of the section "Note values"
on the left. That is, I am trying to make

  Modern         ... staff ...
  notation         (possibly with the note names)

  White notation ... staff ...
                  (with the note names)

and I would like the notes being aligned.

Thanks,

Denis

Hello!

This is a rather general request. What is it that is giving you difficulty? Have you started? Do you have some experience with lilypond? Have you read the Learning Manual? If you are just starting, I would suggest reading the learning manual first and foremost, before you begin attempting to re-create the image there. That will give you an understanding of how to notate using lilypond.